Unrecorded map of Colorado Springs, published by noted naturalist Edward Royal Warren in 1889.
The map provides a meticulous view of the city, including early subdivision names, the location of major buildings, the location of the Colorado Midland Railway Station and a number of early railroad lines, and other details.
The names of major land owners in the outer parts of the town are given, most notably the lands of the C.S. Co. (Colorado Springs Company).
The explanatory key provides symbols for locating railroad lines, street car lines, water pipes and fire plugs.
E.R. Warren (1860-1942) attended Massachusetts Institute of Technology from which he got bachelor's degree in 1881. He got his second bachelor's degree in 1883 from the Colorado College where by 1902 he became full-time naturalist. He was recognized in 1909 for his contributions to Colorado natural history and was made an honorary director of the Colorado College Museum. After it he wrote two books; one Mammals of Colorado was published in 1910, the other The Beaver: Its Work and Its Ways came out in 1927.