The item illustrated and described below is sold, but we have another example in stock. To view the example which is currently being offered for sale, click the "View Details" button below.
1957 The Times / John Bartholomew
Interesting set of World maps, highlighting the various major air travel route around the globe.
The map employs 4 different projections to illustrate the various air routes of the period, which are shown as follows:
- Principal World Air Routes (thick red line)
- Secondary World Air Routes (thin red line)
- Other Air routes (thinnest red line)
The 4 projections are:
- "Nordic" Projection, designed by John Bartholemew. An Oblique Area-true Projection designed to give optimum representation to Europe and to routes in the Atlantic, Arctic and Indian Ocenas.
- North Polar Basin - Gnomic Projection
- "Nordic Projection - oriented to show the North Pacific at the center
- The Antipodes - Zenithal Equidistant Projection