Rare lettersheet map of San Diego, published by M.A. Wertheimer & Co in 1895.
The map provides a fine overlay of subdivision maps superimposed over a number of the early Ranchos, including the Pueblo Lands of San Diego, the Ex Mission Rancho, Janal, Jamul, Jamacha, Otay Rancho and the National Rancho.
The map extends north to San Dieguito River and the "Oil Fields of Del Mar. The College of Theosophy is shown near Point Loma.
Pacific Beach and La Jolla including early subdvisions.
On the verso, the masthead of the lettersheet includes a view San Diego and Coronado, with smaller vignettes of the County Court House, Mission Bells, Old Mission and Old Palms. The letterhead is for the Office of the County Auditor, Eugene E. Schaffer.
The map is extremely rare. It is mentioned on page 230 of Vodges, but otherwise unrecorded, with no surviving example located.