Scarce map of the Transmississippi West, published at the end of the American Civil War.
The map illustrates the Territories and States West of the Missisippi River in nice detail. Some of the more interesting features of the map include:
- Early Wyoming configuration at a time when Wyoming was "attached to Dakota Territory."
- Curious early configuration for Idaho
- Gold Region in Colorado noted
- Silver Region and Gold Region in Nevada noted
- Gold Region in California noted
- Many early Western Forts shown
The map is apparently scarce on the market. We were unable to locate a reference to the map.