Original, antique map of the county palatine of Lancashire, in northwestern England.
This map shows the narrow county hugging the coast, extending from Cumberland in the northeast to Cheshire in the south. Cities, roads, towns, hills, and more are all shown. The county seat at Lancashire is circled in blue. Text to the left of the map describes the industrial importance of the county.
The map was published by William Darton and Son, which existed between 1830 and 1837. The map appeared in an undated atlas (generally dated to c. 1835), and some of the maps were also published separately, although all prove to be quite rare.