Scarce early map of the area around Ottawa, which appeared in Bouchette's Topographical Description of the Province of Lower Canada, published in London in 1815.
The map is oriented with northwest at the top and details the lands granted along the Quebec side of the Ottawa River, predating the founding of the towns of Bytown (Ottawa) and Hull.
On the north side of the River, the townships of Onslow, Eardly, Hull, Templeton, Buckingham, Lochaber and the Seigniory of La Petite Nation are shown. On the southern side of the river, the townships of Carlton, Nepean, Gloucester, Cumberland, Clarence, Plantagenet and Alfred are shown.
While several place names are given, the only definitive settlement on the river would appear to be P. Wright's Ho[use]. Philemon Wright was the first settler in the area that would become the Ottawa area. An American from Woburn, Massachusetts, he persuaded a group of about 50 neighbors and family members join him as “associates” on a journey north to settle a land on the Ottawa River. Arriving in Montreal in March, Wright and his men swore allegiance to the King Of England and received their land grant for an area where three rivers met, the Ottawa, the Rideau and the Gatineau. His land was to become what is now Lac Leamy Park.