Advertising Wall Map of South Africa
Rare separately published map of the Southern Half of Africa, published in London.
The map was issued as a supplement to the weekly journal "South Africa" June 29th, 1934. "A Weekly Journal For All Interested In South African Affairs."
The map extends as far north as the Belgian Congo, and is ringed with advertising for various African Companies, including:
- South African Railways
- Italian Line
- Durant Radford & Co. Buying and Shipping Agents
- Southern Rhodesia
- Mozambique Company
- The British South Africa Company
- Ruston-Bucyrus Ltd.
- Harrison Line
- Ellerman Line
- The Standard Bank of South Africa
- Union-Castle Line
- Ellerman & Bucknall Steamship Co.
- Clan Line Steams Ltd.
- The Port of London
- South West Africa Company Limited
- Dreyfus & Co. Ltd.
- Benguela Railway Co. / Caminho de Ferro de Benguela
- Houston Line
- The Bank Line.
The map is quite rare. We were unable to locate any other examples.