Rare separately pubilshed map of the Holy Land, engraved by J & C Walker for Peter Graham.
The map shows a number of important early routes, including:
- the Roman Road
- the Routes of the Israelites toward the promised lands
- the Hadj or Pilgrimage Route from Damascas to Mecca
- Jacob's Probable Route into Egypt from
An ancient canal between the Salt Marshes of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Suez is shown along with a note "Vestiges of Suez Canal", a reference to Napoleon's attempt to construct the Suez Canal, as well as a proposed railroad from Cairo to the north point of the Suez Canal.
The map includes three large engraved vignette illustrations by W. Hamilton R.A.:
- Christ and the Samaritan woman at Jacob's Well (John 4:22)
- The Crucifixion
- Moses receiving the Commandments, royal arms at top
The map extends from to the Nile delta, Arabian peninsula and Palestine.