Rare map of Yellowstone, printed on linen.
The map includes historical information around the map, including:
- John Colter: First White Man to enter the Park (1808)
- James Bridger Trapper and Guide (1830)
- W.F. Rayholds Scout for the Park (1859)
- The Washburn Doane Expedition explores the Park (1870)
- Yellowstone Park created by Act of Congress (1872)
- Hayden Party Survey (1871)
Within the map, there are many landmarks shown, along with recreational activities and wild animals. Several facts are included.
The map is very scarce. We have never seen it before.