Sell Maps & Atlases
Below you will find a brief form to help provide the necessary information to begin the process. It is also very helpful if you can provide a digital picture of the item offered. A single large picture of the front side of the map will suffice. If we have further interest, we will let you know what other information is needed.
If you are having trouble with the form, please call us at 858-551-8500
Tips For Describing Antique Maps
1. If you don't know the mapmaker's name, feel free to guess, but be sure to tell us you are guessing.
2. When providing the map title, please be sure to use the exact spelling of the title. If the title is long, please provide at least the first 10 words. Lots of maps begin with common phrases, such as Novissima et Accuratissima or A New and Accurate Map of These words are often important clues which help us distinguish between different maps of the same region by the same maker. If you need extra space, add it in the Details section.
3. The size of a map is determined by the size of the printed image. Do not measure the size of the paper.
4. If a map has printed text on the back side of the map, please provide this information and the language of the text, if possible (e.g. Latin text on verso or no text on verso).
5. If there are tears or stains on the map, please provide a brief description. If some of the printed image is missing, please describe.
6. Not all maps that appear to be antique maps are authentic. Many decorative and important maps have been reproduced. Please read our FAQ section for further information on this topic.