The Shore Brothers Promote A New Subdivision in the Norma Triangle
Detailed promotional map of a small subdivision at the eastern corner of the Norma Triangle in West Hollywood.
The subdivision was first promotedin the Los Angeles Evening Citizen News on July 17, 1921.
According to historians, the streets in the Norma Triangle, such as Norma Place, Clark, Lloyd, Cynthia, Dicks, and Hammond, were named after senior executives of the Los Angeles Pacific Railroad Company or their family members. The company was owned by Moses Sherman and Eli P. Clark, men who were instrumental in building these streets. Moses Sherman was also the founder of the town of Sherman, a key site where many rail lines converged and where streetcar barns were located. The town was later renamed West Hollywood, encompassing the area we now know as the Norma Triangle.
The homes in the Norma Triangle were initially constructed in the early 20th century, intended for employees of the Los Angeles Pacific Railway. The railway itself had a depot situated where the Pacific Design Center stands today.