Scarce, large, and detailed map of California, edition 1248, by the National Map Company. The recto features topographic relief and the verso, the highway system.
Lankershim, with a population of 2,000 according to the index, was renamed North Hollywood in 1927 and in the Los Angeles inset map, Sherman (population 1,000) is labeled, renamed West Hollywood in 1925.
E.A. Peterson's National Map Company was incorporated in 1886 in Indianapolis. The company sold washable maps and map display fixtures and was a major dealer of George F. Cram maps, purchasing a controlling interest in the company in 1920, upon Cram's retirement. Following Cram's death in 1928, Peterson renamed his company the George F. Cram Company.
System. United States: Shaw-Walker Company, 1919.