Fine color chromolithographic cigar end-label view of the Tampa based Perfecto Garcia & Bros manufacturing facility in Tampa, Florida.
Perfecto Garcia & Bros
In 1905, Perfecto Garcia & Bros. was established by Perfecto Garcia (1870-1930) a native of Orvieto, Spain, who came first to Chicago from Cuba in about1895. Perfecto and his brothers cigar shops in Chicago.
They first operated from a small factory in Ybor City, which was destroyed during the Great Ybor City Fire of March 1908. Thereafter, they operated from the Sanchez & Haya Co. Factory #1 building at 2808 N 16th Street built in 1914 by the G. A. Miller Construction Co.
At the height of its success, the company employed 1,200 people in the fields, the cigar factory and their stores, using Cuban tobacco that was grown on their family owned farms and rolled the cigars in Ybor City.