Excellent street map of Fort Myers, Florida, on the Caloosahatchee River, issued by the Lee County Chamber of Commerce, probably around 1945. The map was made by Frank B. Dolph of Fort Lauderdale. Dolph was an important mid-20th-century Florida mapmaker.
The map also features an inset plan of Lee County, including Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Pine Island, Bonita Springs, etc.
The history of Fort Myers extends well into the 19th century, but it remained a small town until the 20th century. Its population was 575 in 1890 but had grown to just over 9,000 by 1930. As evidenced by this map, it was still fairly small in the 1940s.
The text on the back makes reference to an article written in 1941. It is likely that there is other evidence on the map allowing for a more concrete date of publication to be established.