Sign In

- Or use -
Forgot Password Create Account
Description

Colonial South Carolina Land Grant on the Wateree River in Craven County

The survey is signed by John Brennan, Deputy Surveyor General of South Carolina and John Belton, Deputy Surveyor and dated January 2, 1770.

The map is certified by William Bull Esquire, then Lieutenant Governor of the Province of South Carolina. 

Craven County

Craven County, South Carolina was one of the three original counties established by the Lords Proprietor of the English colony of Carolina in 1682 to include the colony's lands stretching from Awendaw Creek north to the western shore of Winyah Bay and inland.  In 1685, the original county of Berkeley was expanded to include the southwestern part of Craven County, and in 1691, land was added to Craven County from the previously unorganized land to its northeast.

The original Craven County's lands now lie in parts of Berkeley, Charleston, Georgetown, and Williamsburg counties.