Important 19th-century panoramic photograph of Nantucket Harbor, from Brant Point, probably near to the present-day White Elephant Hotel.
A number of churches can be seen forming the skyline of the town, as well as waterfront commercial buildings, houses, etc. Two sailboats are in the foreground.
The photograph was published in 1895 by Henry S. Wyer (1847-1920), who was active around Nantucket as one of the early photographers there. He operated Wyer's Art Store in Nantucket.
Silver print laid on original card backing. Title, with mat stain, cut out and onlaid below the image, as usual. Some minor surface soiling and abrasion. Crack in the card support from the bottom edge through the label. Card mount trimmed down.