Important early map of Washington Territory, published by the General Land Office.
The map shows Washington Territory extending to the Rocky Mountains (including parts of Idaho and Montana, 1 year prior to the creation of Idaho Territory.
This is the last GLO map issued before the establishment of Idaho Territory, truncation of Washington in the east to its final shape.
The map locates a number of Indian Reserves, forts, mountains, rivers, etc.
The St. Ignatius Catholic Mission is shown on Clark's Fork.
Harney's Depot is shown, an American Military Depot founded on June 24, 1859, established by Brigadier General William S. Harney, with the intent of preventing miners and settlers from encroaching further east into Indian Lands. The name would later be changed to Fort Colville.