Rare separately published map of the Celestial Hemisphere by G.C. Eimmart, published in Nuremberg.
Striking double hemisphere celestial chart, illustrating the Northern and Southern skies, with constellations and zodiac signs. The main hemispheres are surrounded by diagrams showing:
- Tycho Brahe's model of the Universe
- Ptolemaic model of the Universe
- Copernican model of the Universe
- the relation between the moon and the tides
- the annual illumination of the earth by the sun
- the monthly illumination of moon.
The central hemispheres include a wealth of detail and a number of non-Ptolemaic constellations.
This example is the second state of the map with the imprint "prostat in Officina Homanniana". Eimmart's map was later copied by Schenk and Lotter.