Rare harbor and city plan of Santo Domingo ("San Domingo") in the present-day Dominican Republic, published in London by John Luffman.
The map includes a key labeled A-S and an illustration of the formidable fortifications around the city, including Fort St. Jerom.
The text at the bottom notes:
San Domingo, The Capital of an Island of the same name in West Indies, first bult by Columbus in 1594 and named in honor of St. Dominick. It was ceded to the French togetehr witht he whole of the Spanish side of the Siland in 1795.
Maps by John Luffman are very scarce on the market, this being the first time we have had this one.