Large color-lithographed cadastral map of Plymouth, Florida, located northwest of Orlando, published by S.P. Shepherd in 1888 in Altamonte, Florida.
The map is quite detailed, delineating and numbering all of the lots, naming those with important public buildings or landowners, and illustrating some of the houses to give the area a sense of development. Two tropical illustrations in the upper-left corner hint at the homesteading prospects available to settlers in central Florida in the late 19th century.
The city of Plymouth probably sprung up around a stop on the Tavares, Orlando, and Atlantic Railroad (T.O. & A.R.R.), which opened in 1883 and passed through the area on the way from Tavares to Orlando.
Rare. One copy located, at the Touchton Map Library. No copies in OCLC.