Fine pair of coastal maps on one sheet, showing the mouth of the Yangtze River in one and centered on the Gulf of Pe-chili in the other, and giving soundings in fathoms.
'The Weekly Dispatch' newspaper between the years 1856 and 1862 included in each edition a map of a part of the world. During this period a total of 118 maps were issued. The maps bear the distinctive sign of a half globe with the figure of Mercury above. The engravers varied but included John Dower and Edward Weller.
In 1863 'The Dispatch Atlas' was published which contained a series of English county maps. The two were combined in 1865 as 'Cassell's Complete Atlas'. With many maps in a large scale of areas not often seen, including a number a town plans.