Large color-printed folding map of the roads in California in 1932, produced by the State of California, Department of Public Works, Division of Highways.
The legend shows the following:
- United States Highway Route Numbers
- High type, improved or under contract [Red]
- Intermediate type, Improved or under contract [Yellow]
- Low type, Improved or under contract [Black]
- Unimproved [Black outline]
- Proposed Road [Dashed]
- Mileage between Points
The verso includes 10 inset road maps for California metropolitan areas and a further map of the main highways of the American West.
For reference, here is a 1934 edition of the map that we have previously sold: www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/53667
Folding map. Some minor wear and toning at folds. Withal a very nice example. Some minor pen graffiti in the vicinity of Folsom and Stockton.