Large engraved sea chart of the Bahamas, issued by the British Admiralty first in 1851, and with numerous corrections over the years to this edition in 1921.
The map shows parts of the Andros Islands, New Providence Island with Nassau (Lyford Cay is named), cays and islands around Exuma Sound are shown, as are the island to the west of the Providence Channel.
The map includes a plethora of soundings and bathymetric data. Topography is rendered by hachures.
The chart is scarce in any edition; this being the first time we have handled it.