Large color-lithographed folding map of Milwaukee, published by Alfred G. Wright and printed by the Milwaukee Litho. & Engr. Co. in 1898.
The map is one of the larger 19th-century maps of the largest city in Wisconsin. The map goes as far north as just above the present-day campus of the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, which is illustrated as a large blank square on this map. In the south it reaches the Bay View neighborhood. To the east, the map reaches the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, which was founded to care for injured Civil War veterans in 1867.
The city is divided by wards, and an extensive street directory and list of public buildings and parks occupy Lake Michigan. The Historic Third Ward is labeled as such.