19th Century Nashville Map
Rare separately published map of Nashville, "revised by W.B. Southgate" and" Published by Marshall & Bruce Co." in Nashville.
The map was likely produced in conjunction with the 1897 Nashville Centennial and International Exposition. The map includes promotional information for R.W. Turner, a real estate company established in 1873.
The map identifies the various wards of Nashville and includes concentric circles radiating out from City Hall, several blocks off the Cumberland River. A key at the right locates churches (including #51, a Jewish Synagogue), Hotels, Colleges and Schools, and Fire Engine Houses.
Curiously, Vanderbilt does not appear in the key, but does show up immediately southeast of the Centennial grounds.
OCLC locates 2 copies of the map (Tennessee State Archives and University of Memphis).