Detailed French chart of Kuwait and the surrounding areas of the Gulf with extensive bathymetric data and overlays relating to the early petroleum industry in Kuwait.
The map was evidently in heavy use and sports three total overlays; one at Kuwait City, and two successive overlays in the vicinity of the Shuaiba Refinery Complex. The latter contains the outline of a pipeline, tanker docking infrastructure, and storage areas.
Oil was first discovered in Kuwait in 1938, but the major discoveries came throughout the 1950s, during which time this map was printed and updated.
Even with the updated overlay, Kuwait City is still depicted as a small group of buildings gathered near the coast. An airport is depicted outside the city.
The Shatt al-Arab is a river formed by the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates as they enter the Persian Gulf.
The map is rare; this it the only example that we have been able to locate.