Antique lithographed map, issued in 1853 a Hoen of Baltimore, reproducing this original.
Between 1789 and 1790 Father Manuel Sobreviela travelled along the Huallaga River and created a map of the area around the Huallaga and Ucayali Rivers. Sobreviela was made Guardian of the Colegio de Ocapa in 1786. His original map appeared in Mercurio peruano de historia, literatura, y noticias publicas que da à luz la Sociedad academica de amantes de Lima, published by En la imprenta real de los Niños Huérfanos...in Lima (1791-95).
The key at lower left indicates towns populated by Christians, converts, and the unconverted, symbols defining the territory occupied by the converted and paths through the mountains.
The map appears in Herndon's Report.