Full-color, panoramic, birdseye view of the Niagara Belt Line route from Lewiston, NY to Chippewa, Ontario, drawn by the Gies Company of Buffalo.
The verso contains extensive text about the trip and the natural features, with a sketch map and six small views from photographs.
Niagara Gorge Railroad
The Niagara Gorge Railroad (part of the Great Gorge Route or GGR) was an interurban railway which ran at the bottom of the Niagara Gorge (at water level) from Niagara Falls, New York to Lewiston, New York.
The GGR was organized in 1895 as the Niagara Falls & Lewiston. It was reorganized and became the Niagara Gorge Railroad and operated until a rock slide on September 17, 1935.
The Great Gorge Route was part of the "Niagara Gorge Belt Line". This service was jointly with the IRC "Canadian Scenic Route" on the Canadian side of the River from Niagara Falls, Ontario to Queenston, Ontario. Crossings were made on the Honeymoon Bridge in Niagara Falls and the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge. The IRC in Niagara Falls interchanged with the Niagara, St. Catharines and Toronto Railway (NS&T), Canadian National, Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo Railway, Pere Marquette Railway, and New York Central subsidiary Michigan Central Railroad.