Interesting map of the ancient world showing the spread of Noah's descendants.
The primary regions are identified as:
- Japhet and his Descendants (Russia)
- Shen and his Descendants (Persian Empire)
- Ham and his Descendants (North Africa and Arabia)
- Descendants of Gomer (Spain, France, Germany, Greece)
- Descendants of Kittim (Italy)
- Descendants of Tubal (Russians)
- Descendants of Meschech (Moscovites)
Thomas Gamaliel Bradford (1802-1887) was an American geographic publisher. He hailed from Bradford, Massachusetts and began his publishing career by working for the America Encyclopedia. Then, he edited and republished the Atlas Designed to Illustrate the Abridgement of Universal Geography, Modern & Ancient, which had originally been offered in French by Adrian Balbi. In 1835, he published another atlas, A Comprehensive Atlas: Geographical, Historical & Commercial, and, in 1838, An Illustrated Atlas Geographical, Statistical and Historical of the United States and Adjacent Countries. His interests were primarily in educational publishing and he was one of the first mapmakers to show Texas as an independent country.