Rare German travelers map of the United States, published in Wesel in 1852.
Includes the following inset maps:
- Karte von Oregon, Nord-Californien und Santa Fe
- Eisenbahn-Strasse von Philadelphia nach Washington
- Eisenbahn-Strasse von New York nach Philadelphia
- Lauf der Eisenbanen zwischen den Städten New York, Boston, und Albany und des Hudson Flusses von New York bis Albany
- Eisenbahn u. Canal
- Strassen von Albany nach Buffalo
The map includes excellent detail, most notably in the primary places where German emigrants were headed, including Texas and the Midwest.
The detail in Dacotah Territory, Nebraska Territory and Jowa (Iowa) and Indian Territory is noteworthy.
In California, a massive Buenaventura County is shown covering most of California -- a very curious name which we have not previously seen. The reference to "Santa Fe" as a Territory of the United States is also unusual.