Warsaw-Published Antique Map of Warsaw, in both Polish and Russian.
Color-lithographed antique folding map of Warsaw, issued in Warsaw in 1878 by the polish lithographer Felix Julian Kasprzykiewicz. The city is colored by ward (twelve in total), with the number-color combinations elaborated in a key underneath the map. The map is further overprinted with red post horns indicated mailboxes or post offices. The landscape architecture of individual parks is also rendered.
All toponyms are shown in Russian and below that Polish.
The map shows the cemeteries on the west side of the city, including the Jewish Cemetery ("Cment. żydowski").
At the time, Poland was ruled by the Russian Empire, as a governate within the Empire - it was designated as such in 1875.
1878, the year of publication of the map, was also the year the Great Synagogue of Warsaw was built. The Synagogue was destroyed by the Nazis during the Warsaw Uprising in 1943.