Early manuscript survey map of the area around Lake Weir.
To the south of Lake Weir, the names of early land owners appear.
The Line of the Florida Southern runs vertically through the map. In the east, the "Proposed Road to Connect with Sumpter County Road . . . " is shown, along with a road that runs approximately in the same place as Highway 42 to the east.
The map shows township surveys and some early place names. The Whitesville Post Office is noted as being 1.25 miles west of section 16.
We date the map based upon the appearance of the Stanton Post Office. Stanton was established by E.O. Perrin in 1881. Perrin appears as a neighboring land owner.