Old hand drawn map illustrating the fortifications of the Citadelle of Tournai on the Escaut river in 1809.
In 1794, France annexed the Austrian Netherlands during the French Revolutionary Wars and Tournai became part of the department of Jemmape. From 1815 on, following the Napoleonic Wars, Tournai formed part of the United Netherlands and after 1830 of newly independent Belgium.
Torn and chipped. Laid on a larger sheet of paper, so the map is currently stable.