Rare map of Europe, published by in the Atlas of the Capuchin provinces, published by Montecalerio.
The atlas of the Capuchin provinces was initiated in manuscript form by the minister general of the order, Father Silvestro from Panicale in 1632 and was to serve as an aid for the order's travel. Upon the death Silvestro, his successor Father Giovanni from Montecaliero was commissioned by Massimino Guechen to complete the project.
The maps were engraved by Massimino de Guechen, Bernardino Burdigalensis and Ludovico Monteregali. The first edition was printed in Rome in 1643, the second in Turin in 1649, with later editions published in 1654 and 1712.