Sign In

Forgot Password Create Account
Description

Rare separately issued plan of the area around Fort Fisher, prepared by E. Molitor for the Engineer Bureau of the US War Department, shortly after the capture of Fort Fisher in 1865.

This map is the prototype for a later version of the map, engraved by Bowen & Co. in Philadelphia, which would be bound into a contemporary account of the war published in 1866.

The map shows provides a very detailed look at the fortifications of Fort Fisher, identifying the Headquarters, Mound Battery, Telegraph Station, Electric Lines, Lines of Torpedos, Line of Rifle Pits, Palisades and various arms positions along the walls, along with 3 cross sections of the fortifications.

Condition Description
Very light, minor soiling.
Reference
Stephenson, R.W. (CW) 1st ed., 31