Colorful whimsical map of Leech Lake, Minnesota, drawn by Frank Antoncich of Virginia, Minnesota.
The map includes historical details about the region, coupled with colorful vignettes.
Some of the notes include references to:
- The earliest fur traders in the region
- Polygamy among the early Indian Chiefs
- Details about early Indians and settlers in the region
- The 1898 Battle of Sugar Point between local Indians and the US Army
- First private steamboat -- 1894
- First Missionary School in the region established 1832
Frank Antoncich is known to have done a number of other pictorial maps, primarily lakes in Minnesota, between 1935 and the early 1940s.