Detailed map of the Mount Everest Region by the Royal Geographical Society, with assistance from the Mount Everest Society, printed in England by Cook, Hammond & Kell Ltd.
Map of the Mount Everest Region showing international boundaries, tracks, ground and water features, passes and populated places.
Includes a glossary of Tibetan and English.
The map provides a fine topographical image of the Mt. Everest Region, showing contour lines, glaciers, Moraines, passes, mountains, elevations, villages, bridges, etc.
At the bottom right, a list of sources for the map is given, including:
- Indian Triangulation Survey 1954
- EO Wheeler Survey 1921
- Survey of India 1930
- Michael Spender Survey 1925
- H.F. Milme 1933
- Charles Evans 1953
- New Zealand Alpine Club Expedition 1954
- Chamlang Survey Expedition 1955
- Expedition Francais d l'Himalaya 1954-55
- Erwin Schneider-International Himlayan Survey 1955
- Deutscher Alpenverein and Osterreichischer Alperverein 1957
- Merseyside Himalayan Expedition 1955