Scarce folding map of the southern part of Sequoia National Forest, published by the US Forest Service.
The map was issued shortly after lands previously removed from the National Forest to create the Kern National Forest was returned in 1916.
The Legend provides an extensive overview of the the region, including
- Railroad Station
- Stagecoach Station
- Supplies & Gasoline locations
- Pack & Saddle Vendor
- Ranchers willing to supply butter, milk, eggs, etc.
- Ranger Station
- Automobile Roads, Stage Roads and Trails
- Natural features
- Location of Deer
- Unexplored areas
Sequoia National Forest
Sequoia National Forest was established on July 1, 1908 from a portion of Sierra Forest Reserve. On March 2, 1909, Theodore Roosevelt added land by Presidential Proclamation.
On July 1, 1910 1,951,191 acres was removed from the forest to create the Kern National Forest. This land was returned to Sequoia National Forest on July 1, 1915.