Rare " Porseleinkaart", showing the "Instituut der Soeurs de Notre-Dame te Cincinnati" (Young Ladies Academy of the Sisters of Notre Dame in Cincinnati.
Archdiocese of Cincinnati established the Young Ladies Literary Institute and Boarding School in January 1841. The school operated from the so-called Spencer Mansion on Sixth Street, between Sycamore and Broadway, previously owned by Josiah Lawrence, which the diocese purchased for $24,000 in December 1840.
The first new building at the location was errected in 1844.
It would seem that the Diocese had significant contact with Brugge, where this view was printed.