Detailed Plan of The Jones Bay, Pyrmont Harbor and Johnstons Bay area of Sydney Harbor, published by the Syndey Harbour Trust.
Sydney Harbour Trust
The Sydney Harbour Trust was formed by the New South Wales Parliament in 1900 to oversee for the Navigation Department and Marine Board of Sydney Harbour. The Trust consisted of three commissioners (including one titled as President - Walter Loveridge CMG ) appointed by the Governor of New South Wales. It was responsible for the improvement and preservation of Sydney's port.
The trust regulated the movement of vessels and the handling of cargo in the port through a Harbour Master, carried out dredging operations, removed wrecks, granted licenses for the erection of piers, maintained wharf facilities and collected wharfage rates, maintained swimming baths. The trust also managed fire fighting and other safety equipment within the harbour. All foreshores, lighthouses and tugs within the harbour which belonged to the Government were vested in the Trust, as well as the power to reclaim land. The Trust was terminated in 1936, with its responsibilities assumed by the Maritime Services Board.