Unrecorded Turkish sea chart of the Mediterranean, published in Istanbul by the Mekteb-i Bahriye Hazreti Şahane (Holy One's (Sultan's) School of Navy), the Turkish Naval Academy.
The following translation has been made:
Title: Department of the Navy. This Is a Map of the Mediterranean Sea Printed by His Imperial Excellency [i.e. the Sultan] in the Year 1283.
The top insets are as follows:
- Island of Malta
- inner Malta with Valetta at the center
- San Elmo with its lighthouse
- Trieste lighthouse
- Lighthouse of Napoli
- Ligurian Sea
- Genoa with a picture of its lighthouse
- Coast of North Africa
- Limani Islands
- Coast of Portugal, Spain and France
- Barcelona and evirons
- Tabia and Tarhuna of Tunis
- The inset at lower right hand corner is of Eskişehir.
- To the left of this is a picture of the coastal area of Aboukir with its fortress.
We have been unable to locate another example of the map or any details on its publication.