Fine large format map of Montana, published by the Montana Railroad Commission and printed by Rand McNally & Co. of Chicago.
Rare detailed map of Montana, colored by counties and featuring the routes (existing and proposed) of a number of early Montana Railroad lines, including:
- Northern Pacific Railway (actual and proposed)
- Great Northern Railway (actual and proposed)
- Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway (actual and proposed)
- Billings & Central Montana Railroad
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad
- Montana, Wyoming & Southern Railroad
- Butte, Anaconda & Pacific Railway
- Oregon Short Line Railroad
- Gilmore & Pittsburgh Railroad
- Gallatin Valley Railroad
- Montana & Western Railway
- Yellowstone Park Railway
- White Sulpher Springs & Yellowstone Park Railway
- Minneapolis, St. Paul & Sault Ste. Marie Railway
- Three Forks, Helena & Madison Valley Railway (Proposed)
Includes a detailed index listing about 1500 towns and place names.
A fine example of this impressive map.