Sign In

Forgot Password Create Account
Stock# 36737
Description

Manuscript indenture with seal, signed by Peter Peterson and Rebecah R. Peterson, conveying land in the central part of Wilmington, Delware, just southwest of Brandywine Creek and dated May, 1761.

The land in question, bounded by Brandywine Creek, Walnutt Street, Stedham Street and King Street, was being transfered by Peterson to John Hollingsworth for 26 pounds. The indenture describes the circumstances of the prior transfer of land to Peterson by Timothy Stedham in June 1757.

Other names listed include Daniel Byrn and James Wilson, who served at the Battle of Brandywine in the 49th Regiment.

Condition Description
Pen & Ink indenture and map on Vellum. Some soiling, but generally very good condition.