Fine example of John Harrison's scarce English edition of D'Anville's map of the Gulf Coast.
D'Anville's map presents a highly detailed treatment of the region from Cabo Del Norte to the Apalachicola River, centered on the mouth of the Mississippi and extending inland to the District of the Chatas or Flatheads and the Alibamons on the Alibamons River.
Issued shortly after the conclusion of the American Revolutionary War, the map includes several political/historical notations, including Adayes, a Spanish Garrison of the Province of Texas and St. Peter's Fort, destroyed by the Indians in 1729. Includes many other place names and interesting annotations.
The regions depicted had only just become part of the newly formed United States.