Important early map of Kentucky, showing primarily the region around the Ohio and Tennessee Rivers, from northern Georgia to Western Territory.
The map is centered on the Cumberland River, and shows Southwestern Territory, Tennessee Government, the area reserved for the North Carolina Troops, the Donation Lands from the Commonwealth of Virignia, etc.
At the upper left is North Western Territory with tracts called New Jersey Company, Wabash Company and Genl. Clarks Grant 150,000 Acres. Extends west to New Madrid, south to Creeks Crossing Place and a fort near Muscle Shoals, east to Harmans Station in Kentucky. Settlements include Knoxville, Nashville, Clarksville, (in Tenn.) Lexington, Louisville, Bairds Town (sic). Shows forts, traces, trails, etc
A variant of the map was later published in 1796 in Reid's American Atlas, with the map bearing the name of A Anderson as engraver and published by Smith, Reid & Wayland.