Highly detailed large format map of the routes of the Los Angeles Pacific Company in Los Angeles, shortly before the line's merger with the Pacfic Electric Railway
The Los Angeles Pacific Company operated inter-urban rail lines in Los Angeles & Vicinity from 1898 to 1911. The line was originally a narrow guage line. Eventually, the original narrow gauge tracks were upgraded to standard gauge, and in 1911 the "Great Merger" of Southern California's competing interurban rail systems, it became part of the Pacific Electric Railway, at which time it became the "Western District."
Our reference search and search of on line resources has located any other maps of the Los Angeles Pacific Railway Company which were larger than a small fold out brochure. We were unable to locate any oversized maps which focused only on the lines of the Los Angeles Pacific Railway Company.
From a collection of maps de-accessioned by the Southern Pacific Railroad in the 1980s.