Scarce map of the waterfront of the early city of New Orleans, surveyed by Gilbert Joseph Pilie, and published in 1828.
The map shows the custom house, water works, Chartres Street, and the levees along the Mississippi River, as they existed in 1818. The map and a companion map, show the changes to the waterfront from 1818 to 1827. At the bottom, a compass rose orients the map with north toward the upper right corner.
The map is one of 3 maps included in Memorial Of The Mayor, Aldermen, And Inhabitants Of New Orleans. House Doc. No. 26. 20th Cong, 1st Sess. Wash: Gales & Seaton, 1828.