Full Title: A Plan of the Town of New Haven With all the Buildings in 1748 Taken by the Hon Gen. Wadsworthy of Durham To Which Are Added The Names and Professions of the Inhabitants at that period --also the Location of Lots to many of the first Grantees. Respectfully Inscribed to the Connectcut Academy of Arts & Scients By their Most Obedient St. Jany. 1806. Wm Lyon. The first printed plan of New Haven. The map lists the owner of each house and building, along with the owner's occupation. Yalek College is shown, as is a note that the town hall was builed in 1668 and 2 trees were planted in the same block as well. The names of the original 38 grantees are shown, with dotted lines on the map showing the original grants. The map was engraved by Thomas Kensett, one of the great early American map makers and engravers. The map is in good condition, with only minor chipping in the margins, one or two weak spots and several early restorations. The map is rare on the market, with two copies (both of which were extensively restored) having been offered in dealer catalogues in the past 25 years (High Ridge 1992 and Martayan Lan 1993). The present copy seems to be in a similar condition to the two referenced. A great rarity, not listed in Phillips, Maps in the Library of Congress. Deak #96; Stokes & Haskell B-48; Thompson 12.