search engine dedicated to antiquarian map trade

  • Subject: search engine dedicated to antiquarian map trade
  • From: Joel Kovarsky <jsk@gamewood.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 18:02:06 -0400

The International Antiquarian Mapsellers Association (IAMA) announces the formation and opening of the first search engine developed specifically for the antiquarian map trade. It may be accessed the main page of our web site: <www.antiquemapdealers.com>.

Listings are confined to our members, and include maps, atlases, and related books. Inventories will gradually be expanded over time, as we acquire new material and new members. A shopping basket feature is present, via which all formal queries and orders are handled directly with the individual dealers.

This is a very sophisticated and fast search facility, whose features will gradually be expanded over time. Some images are already linked for viewing, as indicated by the camera icon within the listing. Our organization wishes to thank Mr. Jack Benson of ammonet (
www.ammonet.com) for his enormous skill and efforts on our behalf, as this would not have taken place without him.

One note for those beginning to use the facility, and that pertains to the use of subject categories. These subjects actually function like an "any word" search, picking up the specified category anywhere in an item description. Hence, you are not picking up singular catalogues for the topic.

Please understand that a few glitches will be unavoidable as the facility develops. Just let us know if you encounter any difficulties with the search facility, and we will do our best to have them promptly corrected. Thank you for your patience as this project develops.