maps and prints from nicotia.com

  • Subject: maps and prints from nicotia.com
  • From: L Chen <clxs_2000@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:18:53 -0800 (PST)

I feel strange about Curt?s request of removing from
this mailing list yet he sent his own ad for map
auction just moment ago to the same lists. Well, the
followings are from my friend who has some troubles to
pass on his information to maptrade@raremaps.com

Lin Chen

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Dear Map Traders and Collectors:

I started to put some of our maps and prints online as
well. Please check us out at http://www.nicotia.com.
Click at the map & print shop to get to the welcome
page. We will gradually put more maps/prints online if
this is a good venue of sales.

The followings are a few notable examples:

1)Halifax (1751), The porcupine map of Gentleman?s
magazine

2)World (c1630), Willem Blaeu, Nova Totius terrarium
Orbis Geographica ac Hydrographica Tabula. This is not
necessarily a rare but certainly a well-known map.
This copy is the best I have ever seen. It is in a
pristine condition with wide margins all around.

3)Spotted Grouse (1837), From the famous Havell
edition of Audubon?s The birds of America. Full sheet
copy in pristine condition.

All are reasonably priced.

Leni Giuseppe,

www.nicotia.com